Hints for Creating A Custom Email Address
A domain name is what forms the @"TheNameYouWant" part of your personal professional email address.
To create your new, personalized email address you must own or register a unique domain name.
Some domain name examples are:
The following examples will help you create the domain name for your new email address.
- ILoveBasketball.net - example email address could be Dan@ILoveBasketball.net
- OurBusinessEmail.com - an email address might be info@OurBusinessEmail.com
- TheDavisFamily.info - example of an email address could be John@TheDavisFamily.info
- PremiumTexasRealty.com - email address might be Sales@PremiumTexasRealty.com
- FirstChurchOfDetroit.org - email address example could be SundaySchool@FirstChurchOfDetroit.org
- Best-Gourmet-Cookies.com - example of an email address could be Yumee@Best-Gourmet-Cookies.com
- JoyceAndBobJones.net - an email address might be Joyce@JoyceAndBobJones.net
- NY-Dog-Show.org - example email address could be Show@NY-Dog-Show.org
Remember you can use .COM, .NET, .ORG, .INFO, .BIX, .US or .XXX. Also a hyphen (dash -) can be inserted between words to make your name unique.
There's more information about creating a domain name for your new email address below, but if you're ready, it's very easy to obtain a new professional, personalized email address:
Add in front of desired name:
Add at end of desired name:
Use with Family Name
If your family name is Jones:
More Family Name Ideas
Using Jones as an example:
register the "@TheNameYouWant" part of your email address... this is known as registering a "domain name". If you already have a domain name, then you only need to purchase your desired email plan.
Select the email plan (Personal, Business or Unlimited Business) that best suites your needs.
to register the domain name for your email address.
If you already have a domain name, you can skip this step and go straight to ordering the email plan that best meets your needs.
- Domain names can be a word, a name, a phrase... virtually any combination of alpha-numeric characters
- Domain names can not include any spaces and must only use letters, numbers and hyphens ( dashes "-" )
- A domain name can be as short as 3 characters or as long as 63 characters plus the ending extension of .com, .net, .org, .info
- A domain name cannot begin or end with a hyphen (dash)
- Domain names are not case sensitive; therefore there isn't any reason to use capital letters when registering them. NOTE that if you see the domain name given in all capital letters during the registration process, that is OK. The actual registration is made in all lower case letters. When you tell people your domain name in your email address, it's OK to use capital letters to make it easier to read-- for example: you can use @TheJonesFamily.com instead of @thejonesfamily.com.
- All domain names must be unique. There can only be one email address or website with the same domain name. We provide you a search tool to find out if a domain name is available for registration.
- If the name you want is already in use, check for variations. For instance, if you want @"mybusinessname.com", try variations of the spelling or word order. Or try adding hyphens (dashes "-") between words.
For example, check the availability of "my-business-name.com" or "mybusinessnameonline.com" or "shopmybusinessname.com". And don't forget to check the name with the other extensions like: "mybusinessname.NET", "mybusinessname.ORG", or "mybusinessname.INFO".
Personal Email Address
1GB of storage
1 year: $24.00
3 years: $20.00/year
5 years: $18.00/year
Business Email Plan
5 email addresses
1 year: $48.00
3 years: $39.00/year
5 years: $36.00/year
Business Email Plan
5 email addresses
1 year: $64.00
3 years: $53.00/year
5 years: $48.00/year
You create it... you own it!
Access From Anywhere
Use any computer, cell phone or tablet with internet access
No ads of any kind
Spam, Virus & Phishing Fraud Protection
Other Features Included
Online file storage
Private Registration Available
Conceals your personal identity, protects you from spam, scams and prying eyes.